Generator Service Available in Colorado
In addition to sales and rentals, Generator Source offers a wide range of professional generator services throughout the state of Colorado. Our fleet of service trucks, a staff of trained power generation technicians, and a 35-year history of specializing in commercial and industrial power generation allow us to provide comprehensive services and solutions to all our local customers.
Generator Services Provided
We offer in-house generator drop-off and pickup (at our 14-acre facility in Brighton, Colorado), plus on-site full-service power generation technicians in pre-stocked service trucks to efficiently meet all customer requirements. Our generator services include:
CALL 720-990-5640 or use our GENERATOR SERVICE REQUEST FORM to get more information.
- Preventative Maintenance - Performing both mechanical and electrical tasks/inspections on a regular interval exponentially reduces the possibility of failure from improperly maintained or neglected equipment.
- Generator Repair - Troubleshooting is the first step to any repair. Once the failed component is isolated, the cause of the failure must be determined and corrected. Once the total repair is completed, we test the system to ensure readiness on demand. For convenience, we provide quick drop-offs at our facility for things like food trucks, tour buses, third-party rental generators, and other mobile power equipment.
- Load Bank Testing - These tests simulate a load to the generator without placing it online. Most critical systems require this test to be completed on a regular schedule. Some repair tasks require the generator to be loaded to ensure the repair corrected the issue. This can be considered a Repair or Maintenance task depending on the situation. We offer mobile Resistive, Reactive, and Combination-style load bank testing options.
- Accessories - Ancillary equipment and systems of any style that aid in the supply of generated power includes Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS), switching, and control systems alarm and warning systems. As an ASCO reseller, we also provide sales of switches as needed.
- Parts - These are commonly stocked maintenance and standard repair parts for most generators such as filters, oil, cabling, and more.
- Annual Agreements & Service Contracts - In addition to single repair options, we also provide hassle-free, rate locking annual service agreements.
- Power Systems Consulting - From design to site planning and installation, and more.
- Installation and De-Commissioning - We can remove old generators and/or help install new ones.
- Temporary Mobile Rental Power Options - For mission-critical customers, we can provide temporary power while providing on-site service.
- 24/7 Emergency Service Available - For mission-critical customers with special requirements.
Generators for Mobile Operations
Generators that support mobile operations my not be permanently installed at a site. The installation can be permanent, but the application moves or is a portable generator for a temporary location. Although the location is temporary, the generators are demanded to perform in a prime or continuous operating status. They can be divided into the following groups:
The wide variety of configurations and applications provides us with many different maintenance, troubleshooting & repair, deinstallation, and installation tasks. Below are a couple of recent examples.
- Portable Generator - These generators are complete units and can easily be moved from location to location within a site or complex.
- Locomotive Generator - Locomotive drive wheels are powered by electric motors. The generator provides power to the motors and train auxiliary systems.
- Marine Generator - Large vessels that spend much of the time underway require a generator(s) to supply power for the ships electrical demand.
Mobile Cell Phone Tower
Mollie cell phone towers can be set-up anywhere a flat and level surface is available that will support the weight of the unit. They can be constructed in trailers or a truck specially designed for the use. All equipment is contained in the trailer or truck/trailer combination. Both have to have an external power source. Portable generators were the answer for one of our customers. Generator Source completed service on two generators. This allowed remote cell phone operation. For more information on this project, go to Louisville Wireless Kohler Generator Inspection & Service.
Locomotive Generator Deinstall & Install
While the locomotive moves from location to location with goods or passenger, the generator that supplies power is considered a stationary configuration. The engine and alternator (generator end) are mounted on a skid style framework along with the radiator. Exhaust, outside air supply, and fuel lines must be connected for the generator to operate. A customer requested that we remove the existing generator and upgrade to a newer larger model with more capabilities. This required fabrication steps to place and connect the generator. After our upgrades, the locomotive is performing to desired specifications. For more information on this project, go to Canyon City Locomotive Generator Removal and Installation.
Generators for Critical Power Applications
Correctional facilities, hospitals, and data centers are all buildings with critical power requirements. They must have power in the event of a utility power failure. When the power is lost an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) accepts the load until the backup generator is automatically placed online.
An example of required backup power is fresh water. Commonly supplied to by the city either well or lake/river. Ground water from a well is desirable because it requires less treatment than above ground sources. Lift stations are centrally located for the customers' supply. Electric pumps supply pressurized water to the piping infrastructure.
Remote communities may not have a backup generator to support water pumping operations. When the utility electricity fails, both electrical power and water is secured. The number of customers served does not overcome the cost of the backup power installation.
Lift stations located in larger towns and cities have backup generator power. So, customers can actually lose electrical power and still have fresh-water pressure. The generators in these facilities require scheduled maintenance and testing. Maintenance is performed to generator manufacturer requirements.
Standard generator test starts the generator and runs it in an unloaded condition. Generators that serve critical requirements are load tested. This test places the generator under various loads for a predetermined amount of time. Any operational problems can be isolated and repaired prior to a true power loss and load condition.
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) works hand-in-hand with other regulatory agencies to ensure buildings that serve industry with critical power requirements meet specifications. Maintenance and testing of the backup power system are part of the requirements. Our technicians combine manufacturer guidelines with any industry requirements to complete these tasks. Go to Centennial Lift Station form more information.
Generator Source Projects
To see a more examples of recent projects we have completed, be sure to visit our Colorado Generator Service Project Profiles section for a summary of services provided and pictures of our generator technicians in action. Customer references are also available on request.
Generator Source has provided services to businesses of all types throughout the Denver Metro area and far beyond, reaching down to Colorado Springs and Pueblo. We are now open for nationwide service opportunities.
Projects include local municipalities, property management firms, water storage and treatment facilities, telecom companies, dairy farms, agricultural grow houses, oilfield facilities, health care providers, hospitals, mission-critical data centers, and many more! View the complete list of our current Service Areas here.