Outside Field Service Sales Representative – Industrial Generators
- Job in Brighton, Colorado
Generator Source is a currently looking to add a motivated and qualified Outside Salesperson to our rapidly expanding Industrial Power Generator Field Service team. We are located in Brighton, Colorado and have been in the power generation industry for over 39 years..
Our focus is on providing sales, rentals and service for industrial diesel and natural gas generators. We work with mobile and on-site continuous/prime, standby and emergency power generator sets. Our local customer’s generators range from 20 kW to 4000 kW. We provide a mix of light and heavy repair options, preventative maintenance plans, and emergency services to high availability clients. Customers include data centers, municipalities, schools, hospitals, manufacturing plants, construction firms, telecom, healthcare facilities and more. We service most manufacturer’s equipment such as Caterpillar, Cummins, Kohler, MTU, Generac etc.:
- Great phone and people skills working primarily with B2B clients in Colorado and Southern Wyoming, including cold call conditions.
- Qualify prospects, assess customer needs and rapidly quote field service solutions (repairs, load bank testing, preventive maintenance plans, fuel delivery, remote monitoring, rentals etc.)
- Continuously develop product and technical knowledge to assist customers with service options
- Work closely with our Field Service Director, Service Coordinator, and generator technicians
- Utilize SoftBase, Salesforce, Microsoft Outlook, and additional software tools for quotations and follow up.
- Continuously look for new customer opportunities and make outbound calls on a regular basis
- Make calls to previous and prospective customers to build relationships and generate new and continuing service related opportunities while providing measurable results.
- Meet with prospects to document jobsites/environments, generate and present proposals, educate/negotiate and close business
- Assist with other duties, as required up to and including presenting/quoting the sale(s) of NEW/Use
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in outside industrial field service sales or other power generation related fields
- Experience working with power generation equipment or generator services is a BIG plus but is not required
- Preference given to applicants with B2B experience and a background selling to our regional service area (CO and southern WY)
- Positive attitude and proven success in sales is required
- Must be able to pass a background and motor vehicle report (MVR) checks
- Ability to learn more technical power generation concepts (like power planning, paralleling, generator sizing, calculating required kW) and apply that knowledge to customer solutions
- Evaluate customer needs based on their electrical/jobsite requirements (voltages, electric motor and horsepower configurations, switching and controls, facility load requirements, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable being a road warrior, you will be working on the road with a laptop and truck (estimating 80% of time spent visiting prospects and clients)
- Salesforce or comparable CRM experience a plus
- Health, Dental and 401K with Employer Match
COMPENSATION: Competitive Based on Experienc
LOCATION: Brighton, Colorado
This position is full-time and is located in Brighton, Colorado (about 20 minutes north of Denver).
To apply please send your resume via email here.
>> Back to Career Opportunities <<