Every commercial or industrial facility that has available backup power from an emergency diesel generator should have an Operations Manual with Operating Procedures to ensure that it is always available and ready for service when needed. To help you develop your own document we have created an editable operations manual (PDF file) that contains the following:
• The diesel generator’s nameplate data
• A description of the control system containing the major components
• Precautions and limitations of the machinery and components
• Operating Pre-requisites
• A description of what would be normal and abnormal operation conditions
• Step by step start up and shutdown procedures
• Emergency shutdown procedures
• Annunciator alarms table
• A list of instrument and electrical settings and alarms
• Detailed drawings of the systems and flow paths
• Generator operating precautions and limitations
• Instrument and settings table
Click the download button below for an 'Emergency Diesel Generator Operations Manual with Operating Procedures' template, in .pdf format. This Template can be used as a guide to writing your own procedure, a general outline for a basic generator operations manual.
Specific information pertaining to your particular facility can be marked into the areas containing a fillable-field. Mouse-over a field to get a description of what information needs to be entered in that specific field. In order to utilize the ability to edit the fields in this file make sure to open this document using Adobe Reader.