600kW Caterpillar Purchase Case Study
New Arrival-600kW Caterpillar GenSet
Generator Source had a recent purchasing opportunity on a 600kW Caterpillar generator going out of service due to the seller purchasing a bigger building and the generator was not included in the sale.
The seller chose to do business with Generator Source because the generator had to be removed within a week from initial contact. The work would then fall on our team to uninstall the generator and transport the generator to our yard in Brighton Colorado - a big task for any used generator business.
|The Generator Source field service team was sent out disconnect the generator, pump out remaining fuel, contact a local crane company to coordinate removal, and get our trucks to the job site as well.
Field Service Project milestones Include:
- Disconnected cables from the generator's circuit breakers for the generator unit
- Disconnect and removed circuit breaker cabinet
- Remove all remaining fuel from the 1000 gallon base tank
- Prepare the generator and enclosure for the crane
- Prepare the generator and enclosure for shipping
- Load the 600kW onto the trailer
- Received and unload the generator at Brighton CO. location
- Prepared generators for sale and performed a 31-point inspection
| 10/13/2021 10:04:25 AM
This case study was a major success for the Generator Source field service, logistics, and sales teams. We strive to provide seamless and simple used generator power solutions to our customers across the globe. Please contact the team at Generator Source today for your next power project.
Case study research provided by Kaytlin Pearson
| 0 comments