Hotel Generator Decommissioning - Denver Tech Center
The Generator Source asset management team recently purchased two, 250 kW Cummins generators with a large fuel system. We have many years of history working with hotels of all shapes and sizes. This was a local customer in the Denver Tech Center in Denver, Colorado. The building was sold and the new owners needed the entire back up system removed. It was a tightly scheduled project with small working spaces. We had to send out our team to disconnect the generators, pump out the remaining fuel, contact a local crane company, and get our trucks on site as well.
Size of Generator(s) Removed
(2) 250 kW Cummins Diesel Generators
Denver Tech Center in Denver, Colorado
Each generator deinstallation is different from the next. Generators must be decommissioned. Decommissioning includes withdrawing the generator from service. All equipment associated with the emergency generation operation must be properly disconnected.
Project Milestones included:
- Disconnected cables from generator circuit breakers for the generator units
- Disconnected and removed circuit breaker cabinet
- Removed all remaining fuel from the tanks- This took 30 linear feet paralleling the 2 units together
- Prepared the generators and enclosure for the crane
- Prepare the generators and enclosure for shipping
- Loaded the 2-250kW units and day tank onto the trailer
- Received and unloaded the generators at our Brighton CO. location,
- Service and load test the gensets, and perform a 31-point inspection to prepare for sale.
While this project was local, we offer complete de-installation of generators across the US and most of Canada. For larger generators in the 500 kW to 4000 kW range (or customers with multiple generators), we typically offer an initial on-site visit where we can fly to your facility for a project assessment,. After the visit we will provide a scope of work for the project, and then bid on the equipment or service offered. Once the bid is accepted, we can pay via wire transfer and get a team scheduled.
With over 40 years of dealing with shipping and receiving large industrial equipment and
have the expertise and finanical backing to get sellers paid, and projects completed rapidly.
Generator Source can de-install generators and equipment used in most facilities. We also offer complete data center decommissioning, and numerous de-installation, rapid removal, and purchasing options.
Call 844-548-7533 now to speak with a purchasing and de-install expert or Contact Us Online for more information.